Healthcare Assistant - Gloucester
|Full time||Gloucester, Gloucestershire|
|£8.55 - £9.60 per hour, depending on experience||Healthcare|
|Healthcare, Healthcare Assistant||Varied|
Requirements & job status
|Minimum Education||Job status|
|Minimum Experience||Application closing date|
|Previous experience is preferred, but full training can be provided||5th August 2019|
|Work permit||Key contact|
We are looking for a friendly healthcare assistant, ready to improve the lives of vulnerable people in residential homes, nursing homes and care communities. You will help them with daily personal care like washing, getting dressed and using the toilet, moving and handling, as well as helping their families adapt to new challenges.
We can provide the training and qualifications required to help progress your career in health care.
Who we are:
We are Avanta Care, a top-rated healthcare recruitment specialist. We offer committed carers more than just a career. You will gain one of the industry's highest starting salaries, generous rewards and regular pay increases within your first year.
What the job involves:
- Teamwork in a care home environment for the elderly
- Helping people carry out their daily activities in line with individual care plans
- Promoting independence, dignity and choice
- Emotional and social support
- Liaising with family members and health care providers
- Regular training to develop skills
- Updating care records to reflect changing needs and preferences
- Flexible working within a rota set by the care home manager
You will have:
- Experience of working within a care environment for older people preferred - We can provide the training and qualifications required to help progress your career in health care
- Willingness to work above and beyond to maintain our high standards
- Good standard of verbal and written English
- Not only do we guarantee a minimum 35 hours of work per week whilst on placement, we also pay a higher hourly rate for evenings and bank holidays. We also assist with your DBS check, insurance and uniform.
- If you come to work with us from the wider EU, we can help find you somewhere to live near your work placement, and get you settled comfortably into UK life.
- Avanta Care operates a workplace pension, workers will be auto-enrolled after three months of employment.
What does the role involve?
- Moving and handling
- Personal care
- Varied shift patterns
Little or no previous experience?
Our expert in-house training team will train you to the required industry standard. If you have a caring nature and a positive can-do attitude, then apply today!